Celebrate Law Enforcement Appreciation Day!
On January 9th, 2018, to honor and support law enforcement officers nationwide, people all across the country will recognize and celebrate National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.). Every day, law enforcement officers risk their lives to protect the citizens of their local community. They do a tremendously difficult job in increasingly challenging environments. They don’t want or need praise, but they do appreciate support from the people they serve.
Take a stand and show your gratitude for the men and women who carry out some of the most dangerous jobs in the United States. There are many ways you can show your support for our friends in law enforcement.
If you’re a business owner, you can show your appreciation to police officers for keeping your business and employees safe by:
Sending a thank you card with snacks and other treats to your nearest SAPD Post.
Showing support on your businesses social media accounts by creating a post on why you back law enforcement, or add an “I Support Law Enforcement” frame to your company profile picture by clicking HERE.
Support and partner with Blue Cares, an outreach initiative of the San Antonio Police Officer’s Association, that serves underprivileged children in our community.
Citizens can show your support by doing similar things, plus a few more:
• Change your profile picture on social media to reflect your support by going HERE.
• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
• Send a card of support to your local SAPD Post.
• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
• Ask your children to write letters in support of law enforcement and deliver them to your local SAPD Post.
• Finally, if you see a police officer, thank them.
While we believe that appreciation for law enforcement should be displayed year-round, we hope and encourage you to spend January 9th, 2018 by joining us and the nation in showing your appreciation for your local law enforcement officers.